PowerSchool - School Messenger - CANVAS
Bozeman Public Schools uses CANVAS as the Learning Management System (LMS) in the District. The link below takes you to the CANVAS parent and student support site designed to help troubleshoot any issues you may experience with CANVAS.
The easiest way for students to log in to Canvas is through ClassLink. Once you are logged in, click on the Canvas icon.
Note: If you have trouble logging in to ClassLink, please let your teacher know.
We use School Messenger for a variety of school related communications.
- Emergency notifications
- Attendance notifications
- Special school events
- General information
School Messenger gets contact information from PowerSchool and it is updated nightly. Parent/Guardian contact information in PowerSchool can be viewed and/or updated as follows.
- Log into your Parent Portal Account. If you have trouble accessing your account, contact your school secretary.
- Click on Forms, located under the Navigation tab on the left.
- Scroll down to and click on one of the following forms. All In One: All In One Form Demographics or Quick Update: Change or Update Emergency Contacts
- Update and/or add contact information and click Submit.
All the contact information we have for School Messenger comes from the contacts in the blue cards on those forms. School Messenger can send email, voice, and SMS (text) messages.
SMS Text Messaging
To receive SMS text messages from BSD7 you must reply with Y to a message from the “short code” 67587 (like a phone number, but more secure). See schoolmessenger.com/txt for more information. The message should look similar to the following text.
Bozeman School Districts alerts. Reply Y 2 conﬁrm, HELP 4 info. Msg&data rates may apply. Msg freq varies. schoolmessenger.com/txt
Email and voice messages should go through without opting-in and will come from the individual sending the message.
1. How do recipients “Opt-In” to receive text messages?
- Conﬁrm the text device number(s) are in imported to Communicate.
- Text “Y” to 67587 from each wireless device they wish to receive texts on.
Note: Depending on the data synchronization conﬁguration, it may take 24 hours or more for numbers to be updated from the district SIS database.
2. How do recipients opt-out of receiving text messages?
Recipients not wishing to receive text messages to a particular number can simply do one of the following:
- Don’t opt-in and don’t reply to the opt-in invitation message.
- Text “STOP” to 67587 (or whichever is correct for your account) at any time.
- Opt out online at http://schoolmessenger.com/txtmsg.
Bozeman School District has transitioned away from paper communication including permissions and enrollment and is now utilizing electronic tools in a variety of ways.
- From: https://bsd7.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Click: Create Account button - Do not put in any passwords at this time.
- On the next screen - Fill in all requested fields.
- At this point include what you would prefer to use for an ID and Password.
- Now you will "Link" your student's log in information to the account.
- Student Name = (supplied by your school)
- Access ID = (supplied by your school)
- Access Password = (supplied by your school)
- Relationship = Pull down to Father, Mother, etc.,
- You may continue adding other children from your family (with the Access ID and Access passwords from their letter).
- When completed, press the "Enter" button on the bottom right hand corner of your current page.
- You will receive a congratulations message if your account creation was successful.