Skip To Main Content

Enrollment Instructions - Grades PK-5

Welcome to Bozeman Public Schools

Kindergarten students, in the State of Montana, must be 5 years old on or before September 10 - no exceptionsAll children who meet the age requirements are encouraged to register for kindergarten. 

For the Running Start Kindergarten Program for 4-year olds, the child must be 4-years old on or before September 10 - no exceptions. Proof of Income is required for the Running Start program.

If your child previously attended a Bozeman Public School, DO NOT submit a new application for enrollment.  TO RE-ENROLL, please send an email to Please include your student's full name, date of birth, and grade for the school year requested. 

STEP ONE:  Submit  the Following REQUIRED Documents via email

  • Current Proof of Residency - Electric Bill, Refuse Bill, Lease Agreement, Buy/Sell Agreement
  • State Issued Certified Birth Certificate 
  • Immunization Record or Qualifying Exemption - Kindergarten students must have these required immunizations or a completed exemption form before the first day of school. 
  • Current IEP - (if your child has been identified and evaluated for an Individualized Education Plan) 
  • Court Documents - Parenting Plan, Order of Protection, Guardianship Paperwork, Letter from Case Worker for Foster/Kinship Placement. 
  • Proof of Income - Running Start Pre-K (4yo) Only - W-2, 1040 tax return, 3 months of check stubs, unemployment, child support, university grants, SSI or TANF

Only legal guardians are allowed to enroll their child(ren).  Step-Parents are not able to enroll the child, unless they have documentation showing they have legal rights in regards to the step-child.


  • Submit an Application for Enrollment
  • The Application for Enrollment will not be approved until the above REQUIRED documents have been received.  Once the documents have been received and the Application for Enrollment has been approved, an email will be sent regarding a Parent Portal Account and instructions for completing the online enrollment forms.


  • Log into your Parent Portal Account, select forms, and complete all Forms on the Enrollment tab and all Annual Student Forms under the General Forms tab.