Welcome to Sacajawea Middle School!
Sacajawea Middle School is a grade six through eight middle school in Bozeman, Montana, that has been educating students since 1996. We seek to develop the best possible educational setting for our students while recognizing the unique needs of early adolescence. Our goal is to provide appropriate academic challenge for all students, the support necessary for individual success, and an on-going zest for learning. We know that students learn best in an environment that is accepting, respectful and nurturing; thus, we build our school community on positive relationships among all members.
This site is intended to provide the important information and communication links you seek for the success of your child. We value and appreciate your involvement and input. Please contact us with further questions or suggestions you may have.
Thank you for working with us to create the Sacajawea community.
Elementary Eight opening in August 2013
- Press Release - April 16th, 2013 from Robert J. Watson, Ed.D., Superintendent
BSD7 School Safety Information
The Bozeman Police Department will present a free seminar for parents, teachers and caregivers with children of any age on "Protecting Our Children in a Digital Age," on April 30th, from 6 - 8 p.m. at Bozeman City Hall (121 North Rouse) in the City Commission Meeting Room . The event is not to be missed by anyone with an earnest desire to protect their children and better understand the technology-facilitated crimes that children are faced with today.
- Protecting Our Children Flyer - April 30th, 2013
- Alert Update - March 19, 2013
- MSU Alert - Attempted Kidnapping
- Tips for talking with your children about stranger danger - from the National Crime Prevention Council
- District Safety Initiatives Document
- Resource guide for parents & teachers when talking with children about crisis & tragedy
- Additional Resources: www.nasponline.org
- Announcement to parents regarding use of canine detection services at Middle Schools and High School Document
The Summer 6 Reading Challenge
Guidance for School Administrators to Help Reduce the Spread of Seasonal Influenza in K-12 Schools
Bozeman School District has had our first cases of influenza this week. Signs of influenza include: fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, fatigue.
|Date||Event Title||Event Time||Location|
|05/20/2013||SMS PAC Meeting||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||SMS|
|05/22/2013||SMS Ice Cream Social||3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||SMS|
|05/23/2013||SMS Dinner Orchestra||6:00 p.m.|
|05/24/2013||Honors Orchestra Tour|
|05/31/2013||SMS 5th Grade Shadow Day||SMS|
|06/03/2013||SMS 7/8 Bands||7:30 pm||Willson|
|06/06/2013||SMS Dinner/Orchestra||6:00 pm||SMS Café|
|06/12/2013||SMS 8th Grade Celebration||7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|06/14/2013||Middle Schools - End of Trimester 3|