Welcome to Morning Star School's Home Page!
Hello and Welcome to Morning Star’s Website!
Morning Star Elementary School is a truly special place! To come into our school and see our talented, professional staff working collaboratively with parents and community members to create a warm, nurturing environment where all students do their personal best is to witness public education at its best! Morning Star is a place where students thrive, parents play meaningful roles, and staff love their jobs. Our talented and professional staff uses the Professional Learning Communities model to collaborate around serving the needs of our kids and their families. We use a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) model to weave a safety net so tight that no children fall through the cracks. I want to invite everyone to come to Morning Star so that you can see for yourself what a truly special place we have created!
Yours, Tom Siegel, Principal
Elementary Eight opening in August 2013
- Press Release - April 16th, 2013 from Robert J. Watson, Ed.D., Superintendent
BSD7 School Safety Information
The Bozeman Police Department will present a free seminar for parents, teachers and caregivers with children of any age on "Protecting Our Children in a Digital Age," on April 30th, from 6 - 8 p.m. at Bozeman City Hall (121 North Rouse) in the City Commission Meeting Room . The event is not to be missed by anyone with an earnest desire to protect their children and better understand the technology-facilitated crimes that children are faced with today.
- Protecting Our Children Flyer - April 30th, 2013
- Alert Update - March 19, 2013
- MSU Alert - Attempted Kidnapping
- Tips for talking with your children about stranger danger - from the National Crime Prevention Council
- District Safety Initiatives Document
- Resource guide for parents & teachers when talking with children about crisis & tragedy
- Additional Resources: www.nasponline.org
- Announcement to parents regarding use of canine detection services at Middle Schools and High School Document
The Summer 6 Reading Challenge
Guidance for School Administrators to Help Reduce the Spread of Seasonal Influenza in K-12 Schools
Bozeman School District has had our first cases of influenza this week. Signs of influenza include: fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, fatigue.