Technology plays a critical role in education and is considered to be a mega-issue fundamental to the development and implementation of the Long Range Strategic Plan. The District believes:
- We will experience continued challenges in keeping abreast of technology improvements to ensure that we maximize the opportunities for use of technology by the children and staff in our District.
- We will experience a growing need for technology education in order to be competitive in a global environment.
- As our use of technology increases, we will need to plan for, monitor, and guide appropriate uses of technology in our School District.
- The growth and advancements in technology will present increasing quantity and quality of distance and other virtual learning opportunities.
Discussions in the District focus around the following three mega-issue questions:
- How can Bozeman Public Schools best achieve enhancements to its technology over the next 3-5 years to ensure that staff and students of the District are provided with the opportunities necessary to compete with their peers around the world?
- What are the most effective ways that Bozeman Public Schools can encourage increased use of technology by students while also monitoring and guiding appropriate use?
- What can be done to ensure that we avoid isolating and denigrating the value of personal interaction and the development of social skills of the children in our schools?
The Technology Steering Committee is a district committee that assists in the development of the District’s Technology Plan that facilitates implementation of technology in all aspects of education. We invite you to learn more about uses of technology for instruction by contacting your school’s technology mentor, the Technology Department or me.