Bozeman School District #7
LRSP Strategic Objectives 2011-14
A glossary of terms for this document is available if the reader clicks on any text that is green.
Goal Area #1: Academic Performance: Every student meets or exceeds the high academic standards of the Bozeman Public School District.
- Personalize learning plans for every student using the Proficient Plus (P+) Concept. Short title: Personalize Learning.
- Utilize content-area standards and be proficient in best practice instructional strategies. Short title: Best Practice Instruction.
- Assess and report proficiency in standards. Short title: Assess & Report Standards.
- Use technology to improve productivity and learning opportunities. Short title: Technology Productivity.
- Utilize meaningful, job-embedded professional development to support student achievement. Short title: Professional Development.
- Offer learning opportunities beyond the walls of the school for K-12 students. Short title: Opportunities Beyond School.
- Prepare all students to be College and Career Ready using 21st Century Learning and Teaching. Short title: College and Career Ready.
Goal Area #2: Operations and Capacity Building: District operations, facilities and human resources support an efficient and progressive educational system.
- Use refined Functional Capacity and Enrollment Projections to make decisions regarding student enrollment, placement and long-range facility needs. Short title: Enrollment, Placement & Facility Decisions.
- Align the District budget with District goals. Short title: Align Budget with Goals.
- Use the evaluation process to develop a high performing education team. Short title: Evaluation Process.
- Develop the leadership capacity of the District employees. Short title: Leadership Development.
- Negotiate employment agreements in alignment with District Core Values. Short title: Negotiate Agreements.
Goal Area #3: Community Engagement and External Relations: Bozeman Public Schools has created an environment, in which parents, community, legislators and all education stakeholders are supportive, engaged, and contribute to successfully educate our students.
- Enhance District transparency, accountability, and communication with our community. Short title: Transparency/Accountability/Communication.
- Recognize and increase Educational Partnership opportunities. Short title: Educational Partnerships.
- Use the Consensus Process to develop effective dialogue around matters of importance to the school district and our community. Short title: Consensus Process.
- Engage in a collaborative dialogue surrounding topics of educational importance (Mega Issues) to our community and their impact on the LRSP. Short title: Mega Issues.
- Elevate public awareness regarding the funding for Bozeman Public Schools and the associated linkages to achieve high quality educational programs. Short title: Funding Awareness.
- Advocate for laws, rules, policies, procedures and resources needed to meet the high quality educational goals of our community. Short title: Advocacy.
Goal Area #4: Student Success/Safety/Health/Welfare: Bozeman Public Schools has effective systems in place for students to learn and staff to work in a safe and healthy environment.
- Create safe, supportive, engaging and healthy school environments. Short title: School Environment.
- Maintain adequate and equitable school facilities conducive to an effective learning and working environment. Short title: Maintain Facilities.
- Promote safety and wellness for students and staff to support responsible, healthy choices. Short title: Safety & Wellness.