Bozeman School District #7
LRSP Implementation Framework 2011-2012
A glossary of terms for this document is available if the reader clicks on any text that is green.
The first three years of the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) focused on creating a culture of meaningful change. The Board of Trustees of Bozeman School District #7 endorses this implementation framework for 2011-12 to continue progress on the LRSP. The following are components of the framework:
1. Functioning in a culture of meaningful change
- Personalizing learning opportunities for students.
- Job-embedded professional development for staff.
- Use of consensus process to continue to reach solutions to challenges
- Enhance collaboration with Montana State University and other agencies/organizations.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders important to Bozeman Public Schools.
2. Creating a culture of opportunity
- Attention to the next 3-5 year planning horizon by focusing and compacting Strategic Objectives to best support personalized education, standards, Response to Intervention (RtI), and Technology.
- Creative thinking to see things from a new perspective.
- Collaborative (subject matter, grade level, and partners like the Optimization Task Force) team building within the school district and with our partners to improve student learning.
- Monitoring innovation.
- Alignment of resources to advance progress on LRSP.
The Bozeman Public Schools Leadership Team is enthused about launching year 5 of the Plan and energizing our team to remain committed to long-term strategic change that inspires and ensures high achievement so every student can succeed.
Respectfully submitted on 7/25/11 by
Kirk. J. Miller, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Bozeman Public Schools